Thursday, January 20, 2011

Las Clases

As I mentioned previously, I'm taking four classes this semester. Each class is 90 minutes long! I've never had block classes before so paying attention for the whole time is difficult for me when we're just taking notes from a lecture. Thankfully, our professors usually break up the classes with a presentation, discussion, or video. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have only one class. Mondays and Wednesdays I have Myths and Legends (Mitos y leyendos). On Fridays our whole class meets to have mini-excusions, usually within Segovia. Friday classes are led by our director or our Arte profesora, Pilar.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are very busy for me. I start at 11 with Grammar and stay until 2 for our Study Abroad Seminar. Brian, our director, teaches the Study Abroad Seminar. We're learning about the Reformation and Catholic Reformation as they relate to Spain. Luckily for me, I took a semester on the Reformation in English a few semesters ago. Still, it will be interesting to read Martin Luther and Erasmus in Spanish. After our seminar I go home for comida. I have to say that I've quickly adjusted to the idea of coming home to eat lunch and rest before returning to class.

After comida I go back to class for Arte y Cultura. Right now we're studying the prehistoric cultures who inhabited Spain. Today we talked about groups who inhabited the peninsula before the Romans.

This weekend we're going to Madrid. We'll be taking the bus from Segovia on Saturday morning and returning Sunday evening. While we're in Madrid we're going to go to the Prado and the Reina Sofia. I'm so excited to see the Reina Sofia because we missed it a few years ago and I really want to see some of Picasso's works. (Dali's just a bonus).

I'll try to post again in a few days but for now, eso es.

No comments:

Post a Comment